Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Brownie Uniforms for dolls......

  1. #1
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Question

    I know someone on the board made a classic uniform for their doll. I am wondering af you would be willing ot make one for me too? I am a troop leader and want to teach a brownie badge through history. I think this would be a great learning tool!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wondering what you mean by "classic" uniform? The one-piece pullover tow-pocket jumper from the 70's?

    Taffy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the one she is refering to was earlier than that. The board member cut it down from a 40's or 50's uniform and made it as a gift for her mother.

    I dont remember who it was either. Although I do remember that member had it as her avatar for a while.

    Nann

  4. #4
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    I am looking for multiple era's of uniforms for the dolls. I think it would be great to use for a display even in the coucil offices here in Anchorage. GS or Brownie uniforms would be welcome.

    I also know there were era's of Mariner and Air scouts. Those would be great too. I am no doll seamstress and want to get my hands on some accurate insignia and unifoms in miniature. Large authentic or recreations are too expensive.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Johanna, that's a cool idea. I was a Girl Scout for 10+ years so have fond memories of those years. I have a box of supplies to make mini GS sashes with badges and pins. I planned on selling a couple on ebay but who knows when that will take place. For now, I'm still experimenting with copying and printing my Girl Scout badges on printable fabric to attach to a sash. Some printable fabric is better than others and I'm still tweaking the scans for size and color. Then I have to figure out if there will be any actual embroidery over the printed badges. Any metal-type pins can be cut from large gold sequins and sewn on a sash.

    Julia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •